Hosting 101

Tuesday, April 22, 2014
 So I don't know about ya'll but I adore books. Cook books, magazines, coffee table books, reading books (haha reading books -like not all books are for reading?) Anyway, I always wanted to be like Belle from Beauty & the Beast and have a GIANT Library in my home someday. I mean, I even saved all of my textbooks and reading materials from college instead of selling them back so I could grow my book collection. Well the newest addition to the list is this cute little gem I found at an adorable place in Durham, NC (Parker & Otis to be exact) called: 'What's a Hostess to Do?' by Susan Spungen. Ya'll, this is the most handy little reference book for all things entertaining! Great illustrations and tutorials! It wasn't expensive and the pretty metallic gold makes it great to set out on display. You can get it here on Amazon for about $13.00.















Linking up with these lovely ladies for Tuesday Tea!



 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

20 comments:

  1. I just LOVE Parker & Otis! I'm going to have to check that book out too! Love hosting parties/get togethers for friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE books too! I am an avid reader (about 2 books a month) & have a ridiculous cookbook collection. However, I'm really lacking in the coffee table / hosting books. This one looks awesome! You definitely should put a massive library in your house; that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that beauty and the beast gif! So awesome!

    That hostess book looks awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! i've always wanted to have a bookshelf room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like such a fun book!! I will need to check it out :) my hubby saved all of his books for a library someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh! What a fun book! I might just order that along with Emily Post's etiquette book...if I ever get around to it! Why why why do I put things off?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You WOULD be the most perfect host. :) Did you really need the book?... JK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute book! I'd also love a book room like Belle, so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love books! I have a huge bookshelf in my house and I can re read the same book a few times! That book looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun book!! I totally love books too and sometimes coffee table books are even better than reading since you get to look at so many pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cute hosting books! Anthropologie always has some good ones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a great book that anyone who loves to entertain would enjoy! Thanks for sharing your find with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute little book! I need it just to sit on my wine table, haha!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm great at decorating and hosting - I'm horrible about getting the guts to ask people and have nobody show up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I think my future library needs this book too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great book! I want that in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH this book looks awesome!! I'm a book hoarder who is convinced I'll have my own book room someday too- moving with boxes of books = not cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need this book like yesterday! Haha. Love it! Looking for it stat! Especially since I'm in the process of planning my first surpirse "birthday" party for my hubbs in June! I need all the help I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete