Past Projects Spotlight & Big News

Friday, September 27, 2024

(2021 draft I found:) Hello y'all! Long time no see! I need a creative outlet and for me, back in the day, that was blogging. I loved to peruse different home projects and reno reveals on fellow blogger sites over morning coffee and today I decided I need to dive back in. Lots of stuff has gone on since I last wrote and I'm so excited to share with y'all all of the recent happenings. Baby girl #2 was born and she came into our lives a whole month early! (the morning after a random fluke of a super destructive hail storm to be exact) I thought that I still had a month to unpack and nest so to speak in our new home but she had other plans. I joined the hubs and moved to our 1780 home with 5 days to spare before Miss Crawford said "Hey y'all, I'm here!" only 2 days before big Sister's birthday. (Joint bdays for life am I right?!) With that said, finishing up things here in our (old) new home has been a slow but fun process. 


UPDATE AGAIN: Now 9/27/24

We finished all of the exciting updates in the 1780s home in Edenton, NC which I will share below. We enjoyed the BEST 3 year chapter there and met some pretty incredible folks. However, home (VA) kept calling our names and my Dad decided to bribe us with a pretty fantastic offer - 81 acres on a 23 acre lake back home approximately 2 miles from my parent's home and about 35 minutes from Seth's parents. We listed the NC house, sold fairly quickly and moved into my Grandparent's farm house where we can now focus on.....drumroll please....OUR FIRST (and forever) NEW BUILD! Things happened pretty quickly and after some 'light' renovations to the farmhouse, we can now dive into securing the right plan for our family. Now keep it mind we have only done historic renovations and never a total new build so ummm this should be interesting. We also now have horses (2 to be exact) a new pup named Bennett and we miss our Emma Jo pup daily. 

This new build lake house is precisely the reason I decided to bring the OG blogging back. I documented every other renovation and it is so much fun to have and look back on even if not a soul reads this type of thing anymore. I think of it as a public diary of sorts that my kiddos can one day look back on as well. Not sure if I keep this with my entire archive or do a Substack or new website situation or what but here we go for now and I am excited to document this new chapter in this old space!

The girls are doing fabulous - Andi is 9 and Crawford is 3 and life is just wonderful! Andi just finished her last ultrasound and chest x-ray last week and there was no evidence of disease and she was cleared for a full year. God is good! Miss Crawford keeps us on our toes day in and day out with her outrageously funny personality and charm!

While we decide on a floor plan (send prayers, we thought we were set about four times now) I'm gathering up some neat projects to share that we've finished thus far! Enjoy and welcome back y'all!

Edenton Dining Room













2019 Renovation:



















xoxo, JMO


No comments:

Post a Comment