Rustic Christmas! Wood Burning 101

Friday, December 9, 2011
This year I had this vision to do a rustic/manly/country Christmas tree when it hit me-- I'll experiment on Seth's tree! (afterall he is a man, he won't mind haha) For this tree I used cardinal reds, plaid, pinecones and homemade wooden ornaments which are super simple and add a custom touch to any tree! I purchased the wood burning kit ON SALE from Michael's for $12.99 (so pumped!) and the little wood chips were like .50 cents (you could def make your own though!) I hot glued yarn to the back to hang and they fit perfectly with the theme!


When using the wood burner, the slower you
go, the darker the lines become!

I wanted to use yarn to keep that rustic look

I had so much fun with these! (started to make dots vs. writing-
your hand will get tired!


I LOVE the way they turned out and how they fit with the tree!
Happy Crafting! (more wood burning projects to come!)

1 comment:

  1. Where is the one that says I Heart Stephen :)

    ReplyDelete