Mediterranean Diet & Mid-Week Update

Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Ok so I am by no means a diet person- my husband is WAY better at staying on track the healthy way than myself but this Mediterranean Diet is working out really well! First of all, the dishes are super simple to make so it is easier not to get frustrated with coming up with something new. Also, if ya'll know me, any so-called diet that promotes red wine is the one for me! Gold star alert! Anyway I just wanted to share some of the dishes I've been preparing and we've loved them all so far!

Since we add something spicy to every dish we eat, I had to share!


1.) Honey-Habanero Salmon with Corn & Avocado Salad (click on the title for recipe! Our Fav!)



2.) Baked Flounder with Squash & Sweet Peas

For this I just found some flounder that was on sale, added lemon juice, habanero sauce, red pepper flakes (we are spicy people haha) and dried cilantro and baked for about 12-15 minutes- steamed so sweet peas and squash and had a purple leaf salad with yellow sweet peppers and olive oil. So Good and so simple!


3.) Tuna Burgers- This one was fun and super easy clean-up! I just took 3 cans of white albacore tuna (6 oz I believe) 1 egg, 1 cup of panko bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sour cream, a little pepper seasoning, red pepper flakes, parsley and juice of one lemon. With your hands, mix in a large bowl and form 3 or 4 large patties. Bake for about 20 minutes. We used whole-wheat flat bread rounds as the bun, added lettuce and a slice of tomato. Also, we cheated a little and had a little mayo mixed with lemon juice and basil spread on the bun. Hubby LOVED these!


As you can see it is not a difficult "diet" to follow and a lot of the ingredients needed you can find already in your pantry! Here are some more examples of things found using the Med Diet:


Also happening in our household this week is HOUSE HUNTING to the EXTREME as in..... WE PUT AN OFFER IN ON WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE OUR FOREVER HOME!! Please say a little prayer and cross your fingers that we get it. It seems to be a perfect fit of old historic charm/fixer upper & future extended family. It was built in 1850 ya'll and is screaming to be made beautiful again! Both sets of parents have come and toured it with us this past weekend and we submitted an offer yesterday afternoon. We will see how this works out according to his plan and of course I will keep you all updated! Happy Mid-Week!


Oh and did i mention we finally got some snow?? This morning's view heading to the office:



 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

15 comments:

  1. The honey habanero salmon looks delish! Do you walk to work? If so, I am jealous! I had an hour and a half commute due to the snow :( And, YAYAYAY! Congrats on the possible house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's like a 10 minute drive so it's not too bad! The snow is pretty though! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed for your future home! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any and all seafood so a Mediterranean diet is right up my alley! Good luck on the house!! Thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your forever home. Best of Luck. How exciting! Are you able to sleep, lol? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! I hate waiting haha no good news yet :( Thank you though!!

      Delete
  5. Um, awesome! Thank you so much for these recipes! How do you think the salmon would taste without the jalapenos (jalapenos and I do not get along!)?

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as good!! You could doctor it up to your liking! :)

      Delete
  6. That salmon looks delicious and definitely like something I need to try! I really enjoy Mediterranean food.
    And congratulations on making that home offer - what an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That food looks yummy! I laughed at the jalapeño joke picture because that is one of my go to jokes! :)

    ReplyDelete