Thankful Thursday

Thursday, March 13, 2014
So it's Thursday already and I really wanted to participate in today's 'Thankful Thursday' link-up 1. because I will be MIA tomorrow and miss the Friday 5 link-up as we are supposed to be closing on our house so I will name 5 things and 2. because I have so much in my life right now that I am thankful for! Thanks for stopping by and thank you to our hosts Mia, Katie!


I am so thankful for my husband. Boy does that man not only see me at my best but a lot of the time at my worst! He is so quiet, calm and collected and some how got swept away by the storm that is JESSI haha so many of our dreams are coming true in such little time and it only makes me think that whatever the future holds will be absolutely perfect (with bumps of course..duh..)    :)



In that same sense, I am so thankful for both of our families. I'm not sure I could have married into a better one and I for sure know that mine means everything and more to me!



AND my dog-ter! We don't currently have children so miss Emma Jo is our world. We were tested in our faith back in September when we thought we lost her right before our wedding (you can read about it here!)

Adore her!!

Next I am extremely thankful for my full-time job (I do Wedding Planning on the side!) I work at a place where I basically know everyone from growing up here, pretty much have a teacher schedule without being faculty, have an overly laid-back and awesome boss that I have grown close with and more free time than most jobs should permit. I am very thankful for this place and though we have discussed maybe doing the SAHM route once children come, it will be hard to find anything else like it! Go HSC!

My little humble abode



Lastly, I am extremely thankful for hopefully hitting the ground running in the next chapter of our lives: moving into and renovating our FOREVER home. We have looked for a very long time for a home that would be able to meet all of our needs for years to come, babies to come, etc. and we are so incredibly thankful to have found it and be closing on it tomorrow. Also, the overwhelming support from the blogging community makes it that much more fun!! We have A LOT of work ahead of us to make it our own and we beyond thrilled! (we are weird and like that kind of stuff and strictly looked for old, historic fixer-upper types haha so here we go!)

Found this pic on a website where someone had previously done work on our home!
So happy to see what it can be once finished!!!!




 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

18 comments:

  1. Love love love the home! Can't wait to see your home projects =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Congratulations on your new phase in life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great blessings-- glad you have counted them as such! :) Yay for no in-law drama . Yay for your job-- I feel the same and it is indeed a rarity. Yay for your super cute office- I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Yay for the HOUSE of all homes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just in love with your forever home! What a blessing! Love you office space too :) And your puppy! Okay I love everything and I definitely adore your heart for you husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several things today...
    1. Your job {the flexibility} sounds A-MAZ-ing. Don't ever leave it!
    2. Good luck sleeping tonight...you're going to be so excited to sign 2,398,457,209 papers when you close on your house tomorrow! {Take a good pen with you...and DON'T FORGET TO TAKE A PHOTO WHILE YOU'RE SIGNING...I promise you'll want that picture!}
    3. I almost cried when I read the pre-wedding post about losing Emma! So glad you found her and she is ok!
    4. I'm so excited to watch the transformation as you mold this marvelous house into your home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your office is too cute! And your house is beyond amazing. Good luck in this new, exciting phase of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an impressive list of blessings! Many congrats on finally signing on your forever home! I think Emma will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new place looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see all of the pictures when its all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! The storm that is Jessi....oh how can I relate!! Thank goodness for awesome hubbies!! So excited for you for closing day...it's going to be awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous house! I can't wait to see pictures after you guys finish making it all yours! So many things to be thankful for--happy for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to give Emma Jo all the pets!! She looks like a lover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love how you called your dog your dog-ter so cute!! dogs are definitely family members for sure. love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG your house is amazing! I can't wait to see what you guys do with it! And your office is super cute! So much to be thankful for :) Good luck with closing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!!! Good luck with everything tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the house closing tomorrow! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that first pic of y'all!

    Also-- WOW, your new home is gorgeous! That porch! Can't wait to see your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful home! Can't wait to see how y'all make it your own. Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of these! The first picture of you two walking your pup is adorable! Love your red dress with the open back! I can't wait to see your house projects and follow along on your journey! How exciting! :) And also, that's awesome that you have such an awesome job! Those are hard to come by! :)

    ReplyDelete