See Ya April...

Thursday, May 1, 2014
Geez...April? Was that you? Until next year.... 

Ya'll seriously I die every time I see this and then it's stuck in my head.... FOR DAYS!

I"m actually looking forward to May! Summer is officially on its way and we are movin' right along with the house. My friend Hill is having a house warming next weekend, my friend HK may be coming in from NY to go with me AND My bestie Heather is coming up from the beach as well. Can we say: GIRL time! We also have a fabulous mini vacay to Charleston at the end of the month (King Street here I come...sorry wallet and hubby) We are staying at the Francis Marion on King and I am so excited. I mean, just look st how cute this place is:


We all remember the notebook Charleston scene right??


I haven't been in a few years and I'm really looking forward to trying new restaurants around the area! Also, did anyone else indulge in Southern Charm on Bravo? Seriously, I have a problem with reality TV....I joke and say oh my gosh this will be terrible, how can they have this, etc. etc. then before you know it I'm canceling plans to run home to the couch and watch it live versus stocking up on DVR time. Ha! This was no different- I loved it! (Not going to lie) I loved watching their drama and seeing all the Charleston area places, etc. I'm hoping to run into them....by total accident...cough cough....or at least visit J.D's restaurant! (haha stalker)


The Hubby hasn't been and it is very RARE that I convince him to take a vacay whether it be short or long so this will be good for us (it may or may not be our last us time before discussing family planning..mmmhmm...) Afterwards, we are leaving Charleston and heading down to Amelia Island, Florida for one of my fellow Hollins gals' wedding! It will be so nice to see everyone and celebrate with the future Mrs. Gibbs! Then when are driving the long haul back to VA (but luckily I have that Monday off...whew)

SOPHOMORE YEAR! HA!
Overall I'm really looking forward to kicking off May and keeping you all posted on our house updates! It's hard to save the pictures until Monday's Recap because we seem to get something done almost every day! Thanks for sticking around and following along- Have a great day!

Ok Ok here's a quick preview of yesterday's finished project: No more old yucky yellow paste! New Backsplash up! (just needs grout)

Honey's phone gives off a weird yellow filter...and the stove isn't blue....just protective coating thingy! haha

 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

29 comments:

  1. You have an exciting month ahead, how fun!! And the kitchen looks great xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just in Charleston in March and our friends stayed at the Francis Marion - such a beautiful hotel!! Amelia Island is right near where I grew up - I'm sure it's going to be a beautiful wedding - the beaches that way are so pretty!! Loving how the kitchen is coming along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was gonna be a mini-post?!!? This is FULL of fabulous news! That lil boutique hotel looks so charming! I want to stay there...tonight! :) And just your mention of family planning?? SOOOOOO EXCITING! Can't wait to follow along {stalk} with your exciting May! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen is looking SO GOOD! Ahhh. I'm obsessed with Charleston. I know you will have a blast! Happy May, friend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have so much fun in Charleston! We just got back from a weekend there, and I'm planning a recap of the trip with restaurant and shopping recommendations for next week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charleston in May is the best & you're going to have such a great time! I'm heading down there tomorrow... can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your kitchen looks GREAT!! Love it! Have fun in Charleston :) I've never been but hope to go someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful that hotel is! You are so lucky you get to stay there! I can't wait to see pictures from the fun trips you have planned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Charleston! SO jealous! Can't wait for a recap! And your kitchen! YAY!
    Here's to dinner & wine in that sweet new home! (Mostly wine!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have so much fun on your trip! The kitchen looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitchen is looking awesome!!! I cannot wait to see the entire finished product! Have an amazing time in Charleston! I'm totally jealous!! :)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charleston and Florida, how fun that will be!! Loving your back splash, it all looks amazing. You and I both on the reality tv, I am an addict for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kitchen is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Love it. Love the timeless back splash. And is Hollin your friend's first name? I love it if so!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE Charleston and especially the Francis Marion! Such a perfect location to stay! May sounds like it will be a busy but awesome month for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah you will totally be in my state that makes me happy!! Amelia Island is beyond gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you have a fun month ahead of you! And that backsplash/finished kitchen pic is amazing! I love it. Good work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just loving your house updates! Have a fun vacay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. loving the updates! your kitchen is gorgeous! jealous of your vacay, love the notebook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. MOST PRODUCTIVE PERSON of April goes to you my friend. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh I want to visit Charleston so bad! Especially after you telling me that is where the Notebook scene is filmed!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like an amazing little vacay you've got coming up! How fun! :) Love the backsplash in the kitchen! Now seriously... do yall even sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love charleston!!!! My hubby and I will be there the weekend of May 23!! I am SOO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  23. JD's restaurant used to be owned by a girl I went to high school with. Her dad's name is Sermet. The food is delicious there. You'll love the Francis Marion. It's the best location for King St!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have fun in Charleston! I am looking forward to some much needed time oceanside myself ;) The kitchen is looking great and I can't believe how much ya'll have gotten done so far. The subway tile backsplash is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've always wanted tot go to Charleston. Enjoy!
    xo Liz

    www.babygotba.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE the Francis Marion. When will you be there? I'm going to be in Charleston Memorial Day weekend for my bachelorette! I am really looking forward to May too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yay for Charleston!!! We are going in July so I can't wait to hear all about your weekend! I haven't booked a hotel yet so I'm going to check out the Francis Marion :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. We just got back from Charleston 2 weeks ago and love, love, loved it! We stayed at the Renaissance (a block from King St) and definitely spent some serious money shopping ;) It's such a beautiful city! Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I REALLY want to visit Charleston! My hubby had a business trip planned there earlier this year that was cancelled & if it gets rescheduled, I'm definitely tagging along!! Sounds like a fun, full May for y'all!

    ReplyDelete