Weekending

Monday, November 3, 2014
We are long overdue for a house update! We have literally almost finished the second floor and it is incredible. Again, my in-laws have kicked some major butt and the hubs is going to be so excited when he finally gets home. I'll throw in a before picture- but just in case you've forgotten, our entire house had that awful textured popcorn ceiling. The second floor actually has even higher ceilings so I was thinking "oh my goodness heights and yikes!" I was especially concerned about how in the world we would get it scraped over the steps. My FIL came up with a plank-like system that he dropped across the steps and walked on and let me just say that he is braver than I would have been.

The steps were tarped off completely to keep the pesky sheet rock dust from going back downstairs (which Emma loved- it was like a fun house) and the scraping began. Afterwards, the sheet rock mud was applied and sanded and then the ceilings were ready for paint. The walls were also painted which means I am so close to bringing in furniture and decor in the sitting area/hallway of the second floor! (also doing Christmas tree #2 up there in front of those large windows) The third floor ceiling is the worst and they have started the scraping and repair up there as well. Second floor recap: The guest room and guest bath is finished, the hall bath is now finished, the office is complete and the remaining rooms include another large guest room and NURSERY! Yes folks, I believe the nursery is next on the to-do list.

I am actually moving the bedroom set furniture into the guest room this week with some help because I have 3 gals coming in next weekend to stay and see the place! I can't wait to have the room completed and let my guests have a space of their own! Of course I need to do some shopping for some finishing touches and bedspread, etc. but I will definitely take pics! Also, I've added some pics of the hall (future kid) bath with the vanity in place. We changed the hardware and all we need now is a long mirror to go above it and some kind of free-standing linen closet for towels, etc. since we converted the original linen closet to the actual space for the toilet.

            Hope everyone had a great weekend- linking up with Biana from B Loved Boston






that's the door to the nursery by the way!!


The scary plank! Way to go Vern!




Toilet hidden in back left

$100 Craigslist vanity score!




 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment