What's Hap-"pinning" Wednesday

Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Hey ya'll! Have to make this post quick because I have a precious little girl with her arm in a splint that I want to spend every second with...yup...our first visit to the ER came entirely too early. I always envisioned this visit being because our toddler tumbled down some of our 3 flights of stairs or fell outside rough-housing with Emma Jo, not because she was doing what her little body seems to do almost all day. Long story short, Mama and I had been shopping all day with Andi and she had just dropped me off back home. Andi had rolled over and was face down on our master bed so, as I've done 300 times, I went to roll her back over. Ya'll - my world stopped. Her little left arm was hung up and I heard the worst cracking sound I've ever heard in my entire life. Not a popping like your joints, a crack.

I instantly screamed and became hysterical as did she. She wouldn't move her left arm and just screamed with tears streaming. I had my phone and called Mom to turn around immediately since she wasn't too far away and she's an RN. She came in and we called the rescue squad. They looked her over and decided it didn't seem like any clear breaks. We decided to head on to the hospital and have x-rays done (and I am so glad we did) We were seen pretty quickly and after millions of tears, snuggles and two x-rays it was determined she had a spiral fracture to her left humerus. I was devastated and almost collapsed. Andi was such a trooper throughout the entire process. She clung to me and smiled and giggled like she was totally fine...Mama on the other hand? Not so much. Hubby was away working so I am so thankful that my Mom was with me because next the unthinkable happened..... I was informed that Child Protective Services had to investigate and I would be speaking to a forensics nurse while they whisked my child away from me for more pictures and head-to-toe x-rays. I have NEVER cried so much even though I know it was protocol for them to be doing this.

Everyone was fabulous and very comforting and finally after 2am we were able to go home. We ended up going to Wal-Mart to get some cheap onesies and gowns to stretch/cut over her splint and then got home around 4am. Seth came in at 5:30am and then I got up shortly after to make her appointment with the orthopedic doctor which is today at 10:00am. Please if you don't mind send Miss A your prayers and healing vibes. 4 months is mighty young for a fracture and I'm hoping they don't find anything else wrong with her bone density or anything like that. I officially felt the distinct pain you feel as a parent when your child gets hurt and I honestly fear for me when she is older. #WelomeToParentLife ya'll.....

WHEW - so hug your little ones tighter today and excuse us while we go catch up on some rest and snuggles. Thank ya'll so much for linking up today with Jenn and myself and I can't wait to sit down and catch up on what's hap-"pinning"!

 
 

Taking it like a happy little champ!


That little limp arm!!






 
 
 
 
 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment