WHW: Wish List

Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Hey ya'll and happy What's Hap-:Pinning" Wednesday - a series where you link up with Jenn and myself and tell us ANYTHING that's currently interesting you on Pinterest, life, home, fashion....you get it! Anything! Today, as I'm constantly tidying up and picking things up, I'm secretly making a list of things I need (want rather) for the home. I definitely have a central theme but I love constantly adding things or sometimes rearranging things around the house.


First on the list is a king size bed. I know, we're functioning adults and still have a small queen. I understand that is totally normal, but every time I visit a friend and stay in their guestroom king bed, I realize how much I love it. I mean, I wake up sideways across the darn thing sometimes! Also, when Andi has her first "I had a nightmare and want to sleep with ya'll" moment wouldn't it be nice to have a tad more room? (that's what I'm telling hubby) I"m really attracted to a classic sleigh bed style or this dark Tommy Bahama one that I'm totally obsessed with (not obsessed with the price though). We have a dark color palette in our master so either style would work! I love the upholstered headboards too but our master is just not girly at all.

Next, I really want a large gold framed mirror and large area rug with some sort of yellow in it for the upstairs sitting room/lounge area. We had a huge beautiful mirror that fell and broke and then we purchased another similar one that is just as heavy so out of fear, we haven't attempted to hang it yet. There's a bench and two matching chairs that we reupholstered in a beige greek key/trellis-like print and then I added yellow, blue and navy accent pillows and curtains. Here is what I'm thinking:



I know hubby can agree with this next one - we want to transform our back patio into a super swanky grilling/hangout space. We have friends over a lot and need to spruce up the back! The front porch is our gathering place now since I have tables and tons of wicker rockers! We have a basic table, umbrella and chairs out back but need to figure out what kind of built in grill look we want to go with, etc. I definitely want those cute string bulb lights as well!


Lastly, I'd loooove a huge dining room table that could sit like 12 people! We have a table that has 4 matching chairs (supposed to be 6..not sure where the others went) now but we entertain a lot. We also hold our annual huge Christmas party at our place so a bigger table would be fabulous! Now, before I end this post, I'm super thankful and blessed with everything we have so don't get me wrong. These are just things I'm working toward and hey, every girl has a wish list right? I'm also a bargain hunter so let the searching begin! Have a great day ya'll!



 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment