Asian Chicken Rice Bowls

Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Hey ya'll! Welcome to another WHW where you can link up with Jenn or me below and join in to tell us What's hap-pinning in your life! Today I have got to share this new recipe and oh my goodness it is absolutely delish! It is the EASIEST thing to make on a random weeknight and if you buy everything it calls for once, you won't have to again for quite some time. I saw this floating around Pinterest I believe and I wanted something quick and easy with a relatively easy cleanup (always a plus am I right?) so I decided to go for it. This recipe could also be done as delicious lettuce wrap filling but we stuck to the bowls because I didn't have any bibb lettuce (or even iceberg) on hand. I also made a huge batch of this to bring over to a new Mama and her hubby last week and I added a ton of oriental steamed veggies to it. They loved it! So - enough chatting, lets get to eating!


Ingredients
  1. 2 tsp sesame oil
  2. 1/2 small white onion, finely diced
  3. 1 lb ground chicken breast
  4. 3 tbsp soy sauce
  5. 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
  6. 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
  7. 1 package Veetee Dine In Rice: Thai Jasmine
  8. Optional for garnish: diced green onions, sesame seeds
Instructions
  1. Into a large skillet, add sesame oil and heat on medium-high heat. When hot, add onion and saute for 1-2 minutes.
  2. Add chicken breast to skillet and saute over high heat until cooked through.*
  3. Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sweet chili sauce. Stir until the chicken is well coated in sauce.
  4. Meanwhile, follow instructions on package to cook Veetee Dine In Rice.
  5. Spoon rice, then chicken into bowls. Serve while hot.
Notes
  1. *If lean chicken breast is used, there should not be much grease in the pan. If there is, carefully drain some of it off before adding the sauces.



 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment