WHW: Master Bedroom Update

Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Hey y'all and welcome to another What's Hap-'Pinning' Wednesday where you can link up with us and let us know what's going on! Today I'm talking all things master bedroom. As y'all know, we finally upgraded to a king bed and with that came all new bedding, etc. This bed is MASSIVE and its almost scary. I'm thinking I need those bed steps (haha) no joke! I've had the best sleep though and we're so happy with the mattress that we decided to splurge on. We have never had new bed stuff and decided it was time to treat ourselves. Besides, when will we really need to do it again ya know?

Anyway, we scored a beautiful, antique, mahogany four-poster bed at an estate sale and then after weeks of mattress shopping we agreed upon the Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Cobalt Firm mattress with cooling gel memory foam. We got it a little cheaper too than retail because we waited for the 4th of July sale to kick in! It is absolutely ah-mazing! Also, I already mentioned before that we did splurge on a set of SHEEX and y'all they are SO WORTH IT! The only problem I have now is that my night stands seem too short? Also, do ya'll have any good ideas on hiding all the cords and chargers? Now that the bed is so much higher up, everything shows and a bed skirt looked weird...

I also decided that since the pack-n-play is no longer in our master (we used it as a changing table for like ever) I needed something on that now bare wall. I sent off some photos to be printed in black and white since our theme is all gray in the master and I simply adore how they turned out! (also scored the matted frames from Dollar General for $6 each) We're also replacing the cracked and missing tile around the master fireplace (now complete) and all in all the room just feels so much more homey and comfortable. I'm ob-sessed!






Real life wrinkled bedding at its finest!





Emma's Corner nook

Seth's new tile work!
Going into Master Closet 



 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment