5 on Friday

Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Friday ya'll! Don't be jealous or anything but I'm leaving work early, packing the car and headed down to the beach for a girls weekend with my college roommate (and most recently Maid of Honor) Heather -so today hopefully won't go by too slowly!  Her and her hubby live by the beach and run a super cute restaurant down there and since they may...or may not.. :) be actively trying to expand their family in the near near future- we are getting in some wine time ladies!

Since this is the last Friday before Thanksgiving I want to sort of center it around the table with some place setting ideas that I love. Seems appropriate right? Seth & I do Thanksgiving with his family every year (since we first met) because his family has all the cooks! On the flip-side, we do a big annual Christmas eve dinner/party with my family. This year I'm in charge of some appetizers so ANY suggestions are welcome! As usual I'm linking up with April at A. Liz Adventures, Natasha with Hello Happiness, Darci at The Good Life Blog and Christina with Carolina Charm so head over and check them out. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!





Simple touches like painted pine cones & I love gold!



Basically I'm in love with these plates!!




Pumpkins= you cannot go wrong and look at the sequin detail!



cornucopia theme!





We actually did this two years ago and made everyone write what they were thankful for on a leaf,
then we hung all the leaves from thin tree branches we collected and spray painted
with gold glitter. It makes a gorgeous centerpiece!



Also, I wanted to throw in a shout out! One of my friends from high school has started a new blog to document the goings on of her family and brand new baby boy! I believe she was nervous at first but it just went live and it looks great- if you have some time, head over and show her some love!








 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

25 comments:

  1. I'm in charge of appetizers this year too! I know I'm doing Artichoke Dip, but I can't think of another! Let me know if you get any good ideas :) Have fun at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh good idea! Dips are the best- time to search Pinterest what do think?? haha

      Delete
  2. Oh, I just love the painted pinecones! We're doing a lot of them in gold and silver as part of our wedding decor...so simple and festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm alll of those look so amazing, i can't pick my favorite. I hope you have fun on your trip. We are packing up to head to my husband's families place for thanksgiving week :)!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know i'm loving everything here. can't even comment on one without loving it all. of course! not surprised one bit. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the mini pumpkins and the thankful leaf idea!! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything here is so pretty! I love the leaf idea! Have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love it all I wish my table looked like that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous that you're going to the beach!! We have a forecasted high of 20 degrees here in Illinois this weekend!! The beach sounds so much better!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is oddly 70 degrees today so so weird and high of 40 on Sunday!! What in the world!?

      Delete
  9. Thanks for visiting me at Chatting Over Chocolate today! Love the gold pine cones! Sometimes it's the little details. :) ... Have fun this weekend!! I won't be jealous, just very happy for you, with a teensy bit of envy ;) lol! Hope it's a beautiful and memorable get away for you ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE all the table ideas. I just started trying to spruce up our table today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything in that third picture. Pumpkin AND sequins?? What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. have you seen naomi's dish set on lovetaza.com? her plates look similar to those and she got them at anthropologie. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete