Christmas Card Reveal!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013
I struggled for a bit with whether or not to use our wedding & engagement photos on our Christmas card this year but ultimately decided to go ahead and use them. At first I thought it was just "too summery" looking for a Christmas card but then on the flip-side I thought- "Well we did take over 1,000 pictures!" I was thinking it would be weird to ever use them again after the first year right? So we took the plunge and gave them the recognition they deserved! (haha) A lot of my married friends said I might regret not using them. Plus- for half of the engagement shoot I wore a red dress which really helped with matching Christmas colors! (haha again)

Christmas 2013:


Front & Back


I've also been brainstorming next year's Christmas tree theme too- yes not even kidding. I want a bigger tree so that we can use the smaller one we have now in a separate room. We are currently looking for our "forever home" so pre-planning is fun for me! I was thinking about how much Blue Willow china and collectibles I have and how my blue & white collection is steadily growing (with yellow accents of course) and thought, why not a cute blue willow themed tree? It could totally work and you could make a lot of the ornaments just by visiting your local antique shop! Pretty blue fabric for a tree skirt? Gold accents? Check & Check & done. (Too bad I have an entire year to change my mind) Anyway, Happy Mid-Week Ya'll!!

Love these!

 

 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

32 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with pre-planning! I love the china-blue idea, and your Christmas cards are just so stinkin' cute! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH your precious little heart dress self! BLESS! LOVE the card, cutie. It's so merry! So lovely! So perfecto!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Merry Christmas to you, sweet girl!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Christmas Card, looks great!! I love how you did a mix of Wedding Pictures & something more casual - that red dress is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy Jo!!! :) I absolutely love doing Christmas cards haha

      Delete
  5. Your Christmas card is so adorable! I think using engagement and wedding photos is a good idea. I mean you take all those pictures to show off so why not use them, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I ultimately told myself! :) We can do a holiday shoot every other year!

      Delete
  6. The red dress makes it perfect! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We did postcards last year and I loved them!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still used envelopes on some to add pictures! haha but I do like the postcard look!

      Delete
  8. Loved your cards, we picked wedding photos because hey, it only happens once!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Christmas card is so cute! And how great that it's a postcard as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to save paper- we did that for our save-the-dates too!

      Delete
  10. so so cute! love your tree idea---that will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meagan!! (only have a year to wait to try it out haha)

      Delete
  11. Love your cards and love the idea of the blue willow china!! I love blue at Christmas, we use blue lights outside, we don't get a lot of positve feedback about it but we love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well keep doing it because not many people do! haha love it!

      Delete
  12. LOVE how your Christmas cards turned out! Looking at everyone's they are posting makes me a little bummed we didn't do anything this year! And don't worry - I'm totally preplanning for next year, too. I'm thinking we will be moving out of the city in the next year so we might be in a REAL house next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! Brides pay way too much to look beautiful and pay so much for a photographer! You deserve to use those for the next ten years! :) I ordered mine from minted.com and half of them were blurry! Twice! Did you have that problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I used shutterfly this year and loved them and I used zazzle last year. With Minted being a little more expensive that shouldn't have happened! Did it say "low resolution" when you uploaded the photos? Maybe they can give you some sort of credit! :(

      Delete
  14. We did the same thing with ours - it took me a bit to decide, but dince we paid for them, we decided to go for it! Yours look great!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your cards! Also, at my parents house, we have the family tree and then my mother and I have "our" tree, which has all coordinated decorations in a separate room, lol. I am so looking forward to the day when I have my own REAL tree and not just my little fake one :)

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME! -I love the idea of 2 different ones! (& I'm thinking of ditching the fake and going for a real one next year- it has been awhile!)

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous cards. I'm so bummed & I'm not used to being the Mom of 2, I didn't even get a chance to send out our cards this year. Everyone got a phone call instead which was almost just as time consuming? Oh well.. at least I didn't have to buy stamps lol

    ReplyDelete