First Friday 5 of 2014!

Friday, January 3, 2014
Oh my gosh ya'll- not only will this be my first post of 2014 but it is my first post in FOREVER it seems! We've been so lazy around here with having 2 weeks off, relaxing and eating too much! I Miss Ya'll! I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and I hope everyone brought the new year in with style! Here's to Friday and here's to the weekend! 
Linking up with Christina, Darci, Natasha and April





 Resolutions -I'm not one to always make a resolution each year (I could stick to one...if I made one) but this year, honey and I are completely paying off any debt we may owe and starting to create a budget. He is so much better than I am at this one and he has really been such a great help with pushing me to get rid of my student loans, any credit card leftovers, etc and I have to love him for that!



 We are really jumping head first into house hunting and it is SO exciting (thus the reason for paying off debt) Honey owns the home we are in now and we are contemplating keeping it for an income property and renting it out. Although it is a fabulous home and perfect for the 2 of us just starting out- we are happy to be looking for that forever space that just talks to us! We looked at 2 homes this past week and have another appointment next Friday. (we've been looking for awhile now but just started to make real appointments)  This will hopefully be the highlight of 2014 ya'll! :)



 We've finalized our baby name list..... is that telling you anything?? (ok ok I'm not rushing I swear- with the house post and now this ya'll are probably like SLOW DOWN MISSY!) I'm just saying it could be the year to discuss family and then maybe highlight of 2015 will relate to this (it doesn't help that I am currently obsessed with Mommy and Mommy-to-be blog posts) Thanks Christina and April!! :)


New reading material for 2014! Elise at Cheer's Ya'll has got me really pumped to start reading and following along with two new picks- Wife After God and Jesus Calling (we are trying to settle in to a new church community but with honey's schedule of being always on call it is hard to stay on track) 



And last but not least- DUH... I need to start getting active! This has been the absolute laziest past two weeks of my life! (worth it though..definitely worth it) so hubs and I have both started Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 again (though he insists we do it separately hahaha)



 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

13 comments:

  1. I read Wife after God in Oct and also love Jesus Calling, great reads :) My husband and I also became debt free in 2013, it's so amazing and freeing. Cheers to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're house hunting too! I'm really excited, but nervous about the whole process too! I'm reading Wife After God now too... so far I'm really liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I have been talking babies and future home too!! We're getting to that age for sure, but it's all so scary to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. House Hunting and babies and daily devos OH YES!!! :)
    You're speaking to my heart! Marky aren't quiiiite ready for a home and babies just yet but each year we get closer, I get more excited! :) Since we're not ready to start with the kiddos...and since I do "know" some of them by name....one thing I have started doing is praying for them. For their health and for the way God will mold them and shape them into our children in His time!!! So even if you're not trying yet (because we're not!) it's still fun to pray for them...especially when you know future names! :)

    Love you, girlie!!!! So glad we're reading through Wife After God together!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief you make me smile! I'm seriously thankful to have found your blog and to be taking in all of your positivity! Have you tried motivational speaking?? ;) haha love ya girl!!

      Delete
  5. So exciting! Nothing wrong with getting a little excited babies! It's hard not reading all these new baby blogs! Can't wait to read more about the house hunting! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously everything in this post is so similar to my life! Scary! We're doing Dave Ramsey's plan to pay off of our student loans and I'm strangely excited about the challenge. It will feel good to get it all whittled down! I also downloaded Wife after God but I'm starting it on Feb. 1 when I'm done with the plan I'm doing now. Also... Jillian rocks! Her 30 Day Shred is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok we can start it together! :) my husband likes Dave Ramsey and got one of his books too! Good luck to you & have a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE Jesus Calling. Short but powerful messages daily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am actually going to read Jesus Calling too. I wanted to get the book Elise is doing but I'm afraid it won't arrive until a little too late. It is so hard to find a church that fits you right? We're in one we semi like now. However, the kids enjoy it so hey I cannot complain. WAY TO GO on getting the debt taking care of....just remember Ramen Noodles can be your friend for a while. Babies and new houses...oh my! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to find one and get back into that community for sure! -ramen noodles takes me back to college for sure! But yes you're right! :)

      Delete
  9. TOTALLY jealous of your house hunting!! I feel like I am in such transition, but I CANNOT wait until my husband I get there!!

    And good luck church searching - don't discouraged if you don't like the first few you try out... it takes time!

    Happy weekending, girlie! :) :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete