"Antique-ing"

Thursday, May 29, 2014
"antiquing. The use of flour thrown in a sleeping victims face to make them appear to be a dusty old antique."

No, no that's not the one I mean Urban Dictionary. (ha) I mean the antiquing when one goes searching for old historic items for their home and spends entirely way too much money...yea that one! In this case however, I found the gem of all antique stores- Old Nottoway Antiques is about 10 minutes from my house and right on the side of a busy road. It is super small (about 900 sq feet) but constantly gets new pieces in almost weekly. The owner is fabulous and really knows the area and here's the best part- I was able to pick the pieces I wanted, put something down almost like lay-away and as long as they are paid for and hauled out within 3 months you are in the clear! (owning people isn't always fun but this was the deal for me!) 

Basically he wants you to take the pieces as soon as you can so he can make room for more since the shop isn't super big. I'm a huge fan of antiques and Mom and I like to go browsing whenever we can! If you're in the area you should go visit them!


6254 Old Nottoway Rd, Crewe, Va, 23930

Below are the pieces I've gotten so far. I still need an entryway/console table that is anywhere in the 30-34 height range. (it is beside a tall radiator so the 29 inch tables and below that are so common get swallowed) If you know where I should look (antique or not, help!!) I also got a super cute side table/desk but didn't take a picture for some reason!





Love the ceiling in the shop!


 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

22 comments:

  1. I've been here! (And I drive right by each day going to and from work.) The pay and hold plan is great. I love that y'all are buying locally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha dying over that urban dictionary definition! And that ceiling in the shop is gorgeous! Good luck in your search! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been antiquing before but I definitely think I need to give it a try! So many cute things! And no, I don't mean the Urban Dictionary definition either! :)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you scored some fabulous finds! I can't wait to see where you're going to put them in your gorgeous home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol @ urban dictionary's definition.
    that table is gorgeous, as is the mirror! i dont know what height my entry table is, i got it at target though for less than $100. i saw a lot of tall, lovely pieces in home goods when we were looking, but out of our price range. i was also starting to look at other things that weren't technically entry tables, like buffets, consoles, etc. hope you find something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love antiquing! My mom used to collect old dishes and stopping at antique stores was a weekly thing when we were little! That mirror you picked up is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look at that ceiling! fancy! my mom and i used to go antiquing when i was little and i hated it. now i love it! so many neat finds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha the urban dictionary definition! I love going antique-ing with Dustin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love going to estate sales which is pretty similar to antiquing, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a table the same height!! We have a space next to our basement door that is just screaming for a table and a mirror over it, but I can. not. find. a table that is tall enough but also narrow enough to not look awkward. Let me know if you find anything!!

    This antique shop looks amazing... is 2 hours too far to drive for me to look through it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome finds! I'm also intrigued by it, but I have yet to find a good place to go to...and I'm not quite sure I have an eye for it. Instead I just find old pieces at my Grandparent's house and ask for those. My version of antiquing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh loving that mirror and the gold ceiling is killer! I got a great console table (rustic finish with metal legs) from Overstock so maybe check there?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that mirror, so pretty! I've never been antiquing - not quite sure why I've never thought of going. We have a few shops around here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun!! I totally wish I could be more into antiquing, but I just haven't found anything that I've loved yet - maybe when we have our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha funny definition! How fun! I love antique stores. It was really fun looking when planning our wedding...we bought all kinds of random stuff for it. Love your taste, Jessi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such fun! You can find really unique pieces that way that are one of a kind!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun! Antique-ing is like treasure hunting. Great finds! Love that mirror and the cute round end table.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a great antiquer. Is your momma one, too? Or were you just born with good antique taste? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great finds girl! I dislike going antiquing! Lol. I mean, I love seeing the finds and them put together in rooms! But growing up in an ollllld victorian home and being forced by my parents into every antique shop every crossed, I completely hated everything antique! I'm starting to gain more interest in certain things now that I have a home of my own though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love antique store! Great finds girl!

    ReplyDelete