Weekending!

Monday, June 23, 2014
And another weekend bites the dust! The hubs was off all weekend which never happens so I'm surprised we didn't high tail it somewhere like the beach! We did however relax, have friends over and get started on the entryway! Thanks again for all of your votes from Friday's post. We're still looking and haven't quite decided on one yet but the feedback was ah-mazing! Let's see, Friday we made a fire outside and tried some new beers from a local place (including a really good ginger beer like the one we would drink on our Barbados honeymoon and haven't been able to find since!) Saturday we had friends over until 4am (yes you heard that right- still sort of recovering) and I got to spend the day with one of my friends celebrating her bridal shower!

It was a great weekend and now I'm looking forward to dinner with one of my high school besties tonight who is in town and of course ya'll- The Bachelorette. Oh and did I mention it is MISS VA WEEK? I didn't? Well this is one of my fav weeks of the year where ladies from all over the state compete for the crown and title of Miss Virginia. (Va is for lovers ya'll) One of my bridesmaids and best friends from college took the title in 2007 and went on the place in the top 5 at Miss America 2008 and ever since following along with her journey then I have been borderline pageant obsessed. It's pretty serious here in our household when it comes to them (haha) and I start my research on the contestants months in advance.

The Miss America Organization is such a great organization for young women to be involved in and you really can't beat the scholarships and opportunities it supplies you with! I'm really hoping to start a local one in the area once I get in touch with the right people and get my resources together! It would be a dream for sure! (future daughter for me please??) The pageant is on Saturday and airing live and since I'm not going this year I will be glued to my television!  So good luck ladies and here's to a good week! Happy Monday!

Want to learn more? Visit: http://www.missva.com/?page_id=5081 






Yum!

Celebrating the bride-to-be!

Happy Miss VA Week!
Great Sunday dinner to finish out the weekend!

 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment