Friday 5

Friday, February 20, 2015
WHAT A WEEK! I am so glad its over and ready to r-e-l-a-x. First of all though I really shouldn't complain since we had a full sow day and a delay but all of these new doctor appointments still made the week hectic. First, I bundled 2 of the out of town appointments so that I would only need to take Wednesday off and the Endocrinologist tried to cancel when I was 4 miles away bc of the weather! UM NO - needless to say I still went and was the only one they saw that day (haha thank you lady!)

I want to thank ya'll again for your support and information this week and dedicate this Friday 5 to how things are going as well as what I'm learning. Linking up today with the usual gang of Christina, April, Darci, Natasha , Amanda over at Meet @ the Barre and Karli with September Farm. for Friday 5 and Friday Favorites - join in if you haven't already and have a great weekend!

















The Endocrine doctor and Nutritionist were extremely informative and helpful- this is so controllable with a more restrictive (but still yummy) diet and exercise, while checking your levels at home. They went over with me how to use the glucometer at home and I am pricking my finger to test my levels 4 times a day. (When I first wake up, 2 hours after breakfast, 2 hours after lunch and then 2 hours after dinner) Below is my log sheet, notebook and handy-dandy meter kit.










Meal planning really isn't as bad as I thought- yes I miss my icee, candy and sweets like nobody's business and it's weird not just grabbing something you're craving and eating it but you can make it work. The first thing I googled was what sweets I could get away with (hahaha) You're basically reducing/counting carbs and sugar versus changing entire diet. Also, I'm down 3 pounds in the third trimester....who can say that? (Doctor said it is totally normal and won't be bad for Andi. My body is just adjusting to less sugary foods) Here is an example of some of my meal planning so far:

Sorry for my scribbles


And here are some easier ways to see what is ok and what raises your blood sugar- charts are my best friend lately! All about portion control!











Overall yesterday and today my logs and levels have been RIGHT ON POINT it is incredible what a little diet change and motivation can do when you're dealing with 2 lives instead of just your own! If I keep things going this way then I won't have to go to next week's appointment so wish me luck! Each week I fax my log the day before an appointment and if all the levels are below goal - I'm in the clear! First test should be below 95 and every other below 120. As of right now I'm staying far below each goal and I'm very happy about it!

My log as of mid-day yesterday




 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment