Life Lately

Thursday, May 28, 2015
What an amazing 6 weeks this has been! Time really does fly when you're having an absolute blast am I right? Being at home with baby girl has been the highlight of my life. I took the full 12 weeks for maternity leave which would put me back at work the second week of July.... hmmm .... I am really debating going the SAHM route. It has actually always been what I have wanted if I had children and now more than ever I feel that way. I have worked since I was 16 and although it will be hard to walk away from current job (great boss, wonderful people I've know basically since high school, excellent hours and vacation, etc) I just feel like you can always go back to work but you can't always get their baby years back... thoughts? Opinions?



Hubs and I have really been focusing on the house updates as well. I know I am REALLY overdue for a house tour/update! The inside is mostly finished (still putting finishing touches on nursery and some of the rooms upstairs) but we are hammering down on the outdoor list. Currently we are working on the out buildings, porch, siding and figuring out a driveway situation. Right now we are pulling through the yard to the back of the house so of course when it rains it is treacherous. Honey has been sweating in this darn heat cutting back the crazy amounts of wisteria and bamboo on the side yard which actually gives us like 10 extra feet or more of width for a driveway. We will then be getting either privacy trees or fencing...haven't quite decided. I'll start working on a home tour next week or so (that means I have to clean...ugh haha)


Driveway situation on the side of the house

Porch floor and siding clearly not done but I had to have a place to sit! Slowly creating my outdoor space!
One of the completed outbuildings via le husband!

Next one on the list (and there's a huge one behind this one!)

We've had so many visitors and have loved showing off miss Andi. I'm 100% sure she's the best baby in the universe and that if I have a second child it will be the spawn of satan (hahaha sorry..) She never cries unless wet and only grunts at night to let me know she's awake and ready to eat. She gives us 5 hour stretches of sleep and on Mother's day she did 7! She goes down around 9-10pm, wakes up about 3 to quickly eat, goes back down until about 6 and then co-sleeps (aka cuddles) until about 9 or 10. (NO JOKE YA"LL - she rocks! and it has been like this since day 1!) She is a master at tummy time and so strong for such a tiny bird! She needs to slow down with these milestones! She's also the best traveler/shopper in the world (daddy's worst nightmare) she's so adaptable and goes anywhere with Mama without a peep (maybe just a fitting room change or two!) I'm just loving being her Mommy and everyone is so right when they say - they grow SO fast! We're almost at 2 months and with that said- 2 month shots are coming! Yikes! Any words of advice on preparing for that appointment?



 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment