OBX '16 (again)

Monday, September 19, 2016
There's no doubt that we are OBX people over here but when Mom and I decided to book at September (end of summer) trip back in January, I was over the moon! Husbands had other obligations so it was an official girls trip that consisted of just Mama, me and Miss Andi and ya'll it was absolutely fabulous! The weather was perfect EVERY day and we didn't have any clouds or rain. We ate local seafood every night (except pizza on night one of course) and enjoyed the cute little oceanfront house, pool and beach.

We even witnessed something I have never experienced in my 29 years of going to the OBX. Have ya'll seen the neon breakers at night when the whitecaps actually turn a neon green/blue? Oh my goodness it was the most breath-taking sight I had ever seen! We looked it up and apparently it is when algae/phytoplankton get stressed out or something or another (worth a google haha) but it was incredible to see. (here: A recent report by Discovery News has provided an answer. According to marine biologist Jorge Ribas, the glowing is caused by a massive red tide, or algae bloom, of bioluminescent phytoplankton called Lingulodinium polyedrum. The microorganisms emit light in response to stress, such as when a wave crashes into the shore, a surfboard slashes through the surf, or a kayaker's paddle splashes the water. The result is a wickedly cool glowing ocean.)

My phone also decided to no longer work during vacation and while at first I was devastated, it was actually pretty liberating not having a phone for 3 days! After extensive research and 3 hours in the Verizon store, I decided to try my first ever iPhone and made the switch to the iPhone 7 - so far so good but I still have SO much to learn! Long story short, we've decided to keep this new annual trip alive and make it a September tradition to cheers to many more! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and check back tomorrow to link up with us for What's Hap-'Pinning' Wednesday.















 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment