WHW: Lately

Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Hey ya'll and happy Wednesday! Having Monday off was so nice and it definitely doesn't feel like we're half-way through the week already. Andi and I spent our weekend at the Bay and it was lovely just getting away and having a change of scenery. It was cold and rainy but still lovely being by the water. We had some great seafood and did a lot of shopping! I scored a super cute (and semi-large) blue and white rug for our kitchen, fabulous white ceramic and gold pineapple salt and pepper shakers and picked out a potential fabric for that awesome wing-back chair we scored back in the Fall. The pineapple shakers ended up matching the large pineapple I already have in one of my kitchen display cabinets! The rug was only 12 bucks and needs a little cleaning but I fell in love with the colors. I'm not sure it will stay in the kitchen because I almost feel like I need a round one in that space so let me know what ya'll think.


I've decided I want to get back into crafting when I saw this super cute and easy bow display project over the weekend. It is a felt dress/tutu with a tulle skirt and it has ribbons hanging to display the bows. Miss A has SO many bows so it never hurts to come up with more display ideas. I've also been doing a lot of pinning for her upcoming 2nd birthday - I know, how the heck is she almost two?! Well...she's not two until April but doing a little pre-planning never hurt anyone right? I have to share the theme that Hubby and I decided on. It is so simple with a lot of DIY's and will definitely be a smaller scale than her first party but ya'll it is seriously fabulous. Tea for Two will be the theme! (more to come on this as we get closer to early April)

Work is going good thus far and I'm still staying afloat somehow. This job is so much different than anything I've done and there's definitely a learning curve. Working part time is so ideal though. I work Monday, Tuesday and a half-day on Wednesday. I'm in that phase where I'm trying my hardest not to bug people with questions constantly and still sort of settling in but the people here are absolutely fabulous and I adore working in higher education because really, I always have! I'm praying I start to get a grip on things and that everyone becomes second nature because I really see myself wanting to stay here for a long long time. Keep those prayers coming for this history and poly sci major that is now a Financial Administrator (I know, I wonder what resume they were looking at as well haha)

I also want to express my joy for something in our personal life as well. My heart is so full with our new church family! I've gotten hubby on board and Andi also loves it. I wrote it earlier but we decided to go back to the church I grew up in. It felt right the minute we walked through the doors and I've never been surrounded by such accepting and wonderful folks! Many of them, being charter members, I've known since I was 12 years old. We've met a fabulous new couple with 4 boys and another couple with 3 children and I'm so happy to be surrounding ourselves with such awesome couples and faith-based people.Ah it feels so good ya'll! They also decided to start a new bible study for the women in the church starting next Wednesday so I'm interested in seeing how that goes. Thanks for your continued support and prayers through this process!

If you've made it this far through my random life update then thank you! Grab our button and link up with either Jenn or me below to join in on What's Hap-'pinning' Wednesday!


 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment