Weekending: HU Takes Crown

Monday, June 26, 2017
Hey ya'll and happy Monday! I must say that I'm sort of excited to get this week going because next weekend is the first weekend in 4 weeks that I have ZERO plans and zero travel planned. We have been so busy this month that it will no doubt feel good to slow down. However, this weekend was such a blast! Mama and I (the menfolk couldn't make it) headed into Roanoke for the 2017 Miss Virginia pageant. Ya'l know how I feel about pageants, especially this one, so I never miss it. Also, it was my good friend Hanna's 10th anniversary since her win in 2007 so we obviously had to be there to celebrate.

This year there was an unbelievable amount of talented young women and the one that took the crown goes to my college! It was no-brainer! Miss Cecili Weber will be this year's Miss VA and head on to compete for the Miss America title in September. This organization is the largest in the country for scholarships for women and ya'll just remember that Miss A is slated to be Miss VA 2037 ok? (hehe)

Mama and I got all dolled up, headed to my favorite restaurant downtown for dinner and then headed over to the pageant. We had so much fun! Afterwards, we attended the after party with all the contestants and the new Miss VA for a meet and greet. We definitely had a little too much fun because Sunday's hangover was one for the books. Why do I do that to my OLD self? WHEW! Overall it was simply wonderful and I'm so excited to follow the upcoming journey of a fellow Hollins woman!











 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment