Lately

Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Hey y'all! Welcome to another WHW. I love that y'all come and link up with Jenn and me each week so we can all touch base. I must admit that I did not have enough content for a reno update this week but I will definitely be back with one next Wednesday so stay tuned. (Mostly because the siding was supposed to start last Monday but got delayed due to materials not coming in and we're rushing to finish trim so floors can be refinished!) However, I've still managed to stay full steam ahead on design and can't wait to share some new things with y'all next week!

Last week Andi and I took a 7 hour road trip down to Atlanta to visit my bestie from college and her family. Y'all..the trip down was a TOTAL disaster due to a cracked tire. We made it 4 hours into our trip and the tire pressed dropped dramatically. We got off on an exit and filled it with air (with the help of a fabulous stranger but thankfully I've now learned how easy it is as long as there's a gauge). We thought we were good to go but a few miles later the PSI dropped even MORE! We pulled off in a tiny town and made it to the nearest tire shop with about an inch of tire left to spare before it hit the rim. (Thanks Google maps) The tire shop was small and the people were friendly BUT time was not a priority there. We sat there for.....ready? FIVE HOURS! After 4 new tires and way too much $ later, we made it to ATL by 9:30pm. WHEW! Can I just say how flippin' fantastic my child was? She was so amazing and never complained. She loved the snack machine, watching passing trains and turning Paw Patrol on in the little waiting room. In the car she loved singing, sleeping, coloring and playing with barbies. She was a total dream boat and it was more fun traveling with her than grown adults!


Anyway, we made it to Atlanta and had an absolute blast for the next 48 hours. My friend has all boys so it was a nice (and wild) change of pace. Her new home is absolutely stunning and we enjoyed good food, wine, babysitter time and a trip to the Aquarium with the kiddos. Oh.. and then she surprised me by introducing me to her interior designer and taking me to the Atlanta Decorative Arts Center so I could browse all things furniture, designer, rugs and more to my hearts content. The showrooms were insanely beautiful and I literally could have spent a week in that building. SWOON! I really wanted to stay an extra day but needed to get back to VA to look into another potential fixer upper showing that you probably saw if you peeked into my insta stories on Sunday (hint: total hoarder status and mega project alert)

Scenes from ADAC


I hope y'all have a fabulous rest of the week and thanks for linking up today!


 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment