WHW: Light Fixtures

Wednesday, April 3, 2019
I've told y'all how choosing light fixtures for this new reno has just about killed me right? Also, we currently need about 25. For me, I had to take things room by room. Of course there's much more to lighting than just picking out stylish lamps and fixtures. Placement, size, wattage and light color also have a big influence on the appearance and style of a room. Anyway, there are general rules of thumb for determining size like measuring the length and width of the room, add those two numbers together and then convert the total into inches. There are lots of exceptions though and I feel like it can easily become super complicated and complex. Generally, I pick what I like and make it work in the space. (haha simple right?) However, if specifications are your thing, click here to follow some great guidelines: How to Choose the Right Light Fixture

Now I just want to five y'all a big ole' photo dump on what I'm envisioning for each space. (subject to change) And like I mentioned last week, ceiling fans aren't for everyone but I live in the South and its supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow and its only April 3rd y'all. Sources linked:

Entryway Fixture by Ballard Designs

Dining Room Chandelier


Hallway Fixtures (3) option 1

Hallway Fixture Option 2 (black french door at end of hallway to tie in possible black accent)



Kitchen Pendants (2)



Living Room Ceiling Fan

Bedroom light or fan undecided and Andi's room has a white fan while the guest rooms have a darker brown and brushed nickel via Lowes.

Half-bath Vanity Fixture

 Guest bath will be similar but more lights and a brushed nickel finish

Sunroom Fixtures - low ceiling so couldn't do too decorative here. These natural finished will play off of the rattan furniture and bamboo shades though.

Upstairs hallway (2) - because I hate your typical "boob" flush mount. Don't act like y'all don't know exactly what I'm referring to. Ha!


Andi's closet - she wants some sort of pink light fixture! via Amazon or Target - you can find both!



Master closet fixture to go above closet island - also added 4 can lights for extra lighting


Outdoor front and back porch I'm looking for a lantern style black fixture



See what I mean? SO many options and spaces to fill. Stay tuned to see how it all unfolds. Thanks for linking up today and have a great rest of the week. Suggestions? Let me know! Need help with your own reno or space? Email or message me!

 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment