Friday Favorites

Friday, September 12, 2014
Hello lovelies and happy happy Friday! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend planned! Me? I'm just going to take Miss Emma Jo and head out to Grandma and Grandpa's house (my parents) and probably stay the weekend!

It has been quite the transition week here in the Otey household. The hubs received a temporary transfer to Toledo, Ohio and won't be back until around December. Basically, he got the call on Saturday (right before our one year anniversary)  and had to be there (10 hour drive) by Tuesday morning at 9am. Now we knew this could have been coming and voluntarily applied because it is a fabulous opportunity $ wise with some other perks too but I guess I just didn't think he'd really get picked with so many applying. Ah! So anyway it's just myself and the pups holding down the fort for now. Luckily his Dad is coming over regularly and helping to finish the guestroom and guest bath before he comes back! We have never been apart more than about a week tops EVER so prayers would be nice for a safe return and quick in-between. My friends have been so fabulous and have really been keeping me company so far!

** I know it's weird to announce that I'll be alone but we are gun owners and trained with them so don't get any ideas people...there's neighborhood watchers, a fabulous community and town police, ADT and I watch Lifetime so bring it on. In the words of Jessica Lange:




Linking up again today with Amanda over at Meet @ the Barre and Karli with September Farm for today's Friday Fav's- join in!  



When the transfer happened one of my friends who is also married to a railroader showed me this and it absolutely made my day! When can the production team and camera crew get here? I'm ready!


Check out this double vanity hubs scored for the future kids' bathroom for only $100! Just needs some paint and hardware switch-out! (& it fit perfectly in the space)



So we all know by now my love for J. Simpson right? Right. Have ya'll read the new Glamour article she did on 5 vows she's making towards of loving marriage? Adore it.

Read the full article here



Don't forget to tune into ABC on Sunday at 8pm for the Miss America Pageant! I've got my top 10 and really pulling for VA this year bc she's from my hometown! This year's group of girls is so dang talented- the competition is fierce ya'll!!

More info on Miss America Organization here



Favorite Recipe:

Umm this pumpkin bread of course!


 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment