WHW: Books

Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Hey ya'll! What's Hap-"Pinning?" Link up with Jenn and me below and share what's currently going on in your life!

 Today I want to share a quick book review. I finally have a new read under my belt and it definitely wasn't my typical read whatsoever. I had been really curious to read Kristin Cavallari's new book Balancing in Heels. I snagged a copy on Amazon and waited for it to pop up in my mailbox. I was overly excited for some reason not because I've loved her all along but because I've really loved her recently. I mean, what a total lifestyle makeover with her am I right? I'm not fully sure what I was expecting but I was definitely intrigued to learn more about her healthy eating, etc. She's uber organic and has drastically helped her hubby's type 1 diabetes with their food choices and cooking. Also, I knew she would do some Laguna Beach throwbacks.

It was definitely a quick read and very cut and dry. (she's clearly not a storyteller and that's what I'm used to) I feel like my high school self would have loved the first part. Only when she finally dove into motherhood, marriage and her eating habits, did I start to pay more attention. I thoroughly enjoyed learning what food labels and ingredients to look out for and she shares lots of neat recipes and home remedies. She includes lots of pictures and intimate moments too so if you like her at all, you'll like this quick peek into her life. Overall, I give it a B- but I'm glad I read it. I have a HUGE new grocery list waiting for me because of her so here we go....thanks Kristin.

Now...my next not-at-all-me read is going to be...drum roll please: Me Before You. I do have a weird weakness for a good cry in a novel and this one apparently delivers just that. My friend sent a picture of her running black mascara and another told me she couldn't put it down so it was only natural that I was curious. The aforementioned friend then dropped off her copy in my mailbox on Sunday and I just started it last night. Of course, once I'm done, I'll report back and let ya'll know how it is! What other good summer reads do ya'll have on your radar? I want to keep this going! (I usually love sad, dark reads like thrillers or mysteries so if you have any to recommend let me know!)



 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment