WHW: Fav Products

Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Hey ya'll and welcome to another What's Hap-"Pinning" Wednesday where you can link up with me or my co-host Jenn over at Going the Distance. You can share whatever you are pinning, doing, eating and thinking about lately so grab our button below and join in!


Today I want to share some of my favorite products that I use on a daily basis and some also that I like to splurge on (and by splurge I usually mean, finding it a tad cheaper than retail via Ebay) I'm all about saving and trying new products and these types of posts tend to be my favorites so I want to join in and share. Lets dive right in shall we?

Mascara: Daily I usually use Covergirl Lashblast just because it is light and buildable without being thick and cakey. It washes off nicely and gives great volume. I have longer lashes anyway so a little goes a long way for me.

Splurge Mascara: I ADORE Bare Minerals flawless definition mascara ($19) and Buxom Mascara which is also around $20. I keep these mostly for bigger events and nights out, etc. I can't say enough good things about both of these!

Eye Shadow: Ya'll for $3 I adore my little Wet-n-Wild 3 palette and I use it daily, no joke! It comes in tons of colors and I just love it. No shame!


Splurge Eye-shadow: Ok this one is a no-brainer, the Naked Palette of course. I scored mine for about $40 and I just adore it on nights out or when you need a darker smokey look!
Concealer: Daily I use my Covergirl Age Rewind roll on concealer. It is so affordable and lasts a long time! It's like $6 tops. Its great to use under eyes and then bring down further into a triangle shape and you barely have to use primer.

Splurge Concealer: Recently I received a sample of this creaseless concealer by Tarte and I'm in love. It's a tad heavier but literally lasts all day and blends super well! I love it! Also, a little goes a long way with this one too! Definitely worth it! ($25)



Primer: Ya'll, I use to splurge on primer because I love Benefit products (and still love Benefit products) but the Elf tinted green primer is so fabulous and silky smooth. My makeup doesn't move with this stuff and you cannot beat the price of Elf products! Its 3 bucks!


Foundation: Daily I use Bare Minerals original in medium beige and this is definitely my go-to. I use to be a liquid only foundation girl until I came across this. I have oily skin so the powder really helps. This runs about $28 I believe and lasts a couple months depending on how much I use.

Splurge Foundation: When I did wear a lot of liquid, I splurged on Lancome Teint Idole foundation. It gives a flawless look and isn't SUPER heavy but does have strong coverage. I still have a ton of this in darker summer shades so I need to revisit and see if I still like it. ($48)

Blush: Daily I use Covergirl Cheekers in a deep pink and ya'll I have faithfully used this since like the 8th grade! It is $3 or $4 and I just love it.

Splurge Blush: In the summer time I love this coral-like shade from NARS called Torrid I believe and it is around $30.


Lips: Other than being a chapstick fanatic, I love L'oreal Infallible lip glosses - they rock! I believe I wear #705 Sangria the most but I also have a red one for fun nights out! (about $8) I'm also getting ready to order one by Tarte - their Lipsurgence in Escape. My friend Rad was wearing it all night for the NYE wedding we had and it was gorgeous! I can't wait to try it!


Hair: There's really only two products I use faithfully and that is It's a 10 Miracle Leave in product ($16) or Garnier Miracle Oil ($6). I LOVE trying new hair products since mine is finally growing and I have to alternate shampoos and conditioners because my hair is on the oilier side so any recommendations are welcome!


Favorite Scent: Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey is my MUST have but I also love their bluebell and red roses. You literally cannot go wrong with any from Jo Malone! I also love my 1990's throwback - ya'll ready? Cool Waters!


Two new products I've recently tried: My friend Tiff gifted me the Rodan and Fields Foaming Sunless tan and I just used it for the last wedding I attended. Its not messy at all and the foam is white so it doesn't stain clothing, etc. However, its hard to see the area you've covered so work diligently and thoroughly. I did mess up my feet and hands (amature) so be sure to wash immediately! The smell isn't so bad and the color is awesome - develops in a few hours so it doesn't overnight.

She also gave me the Rodan & Fields Lash Boost and since I'm just starting this, I'll report back with reviews and results! Again, my lashes are already pretty long but she says that this product helps to darken them as well!



 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment