WHW: Yummy (skinny) Taco Dip

Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Hey ya'll and welcome to another what's hap-pinning Wednesday! I haven't shared a recipe in awhile because honestly I have really been lacking in the cooking department. I have GOT to step up my game with some new recipes or just meal planning in general. I tried meal planning back in 2014 (I know...a long time ago) and it went so well! Now with a part time job, church obligations, travel and a toddler - it seems so out of reach. However, I do know that it would in fact make things EASIER! Can ya'll shoot me your favorite meal planning tips, cheat sheets and ideas? I'd LOVE to hear from ya'll and see what works.

Last night I was craving my usual Mexican and decided to do a healthier version of good ole' taco dip. I packed my lunch yesterday (fresh salad from Mama's garden with all the fixin's, cottage cheese and blueberries) and was doing so great and then my boss brought in my favorite Costco brand of 7-later dip for the office. (insert hand to face emoji) I of course helped myself to a little bit and instantly knew what I was making for dinner. This recipe went over really well and is so easy to make! (disclaimer: its only 'skinny' if you and hubs don't finish it in one night)

Grab our button and link up below! Also, click here to see Jenn's sweet baby girl - Congrats Jenn!


Skinny Taco Dip 
Ingredients
  • 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup of your favorite salsa
  • 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 Roma tomato, diced
  • 1 small avocado, diced
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon sliced olives
Instructions
  1. Combine softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, salsa and taco seasoning until smooth and well combined. Spread into a rectangle baking dish or pie plate (I used an 11"x7" baking dish) . Refrigerate for an hour to let flavors combine (optional). Top with remaining ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips.



 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment