WHW: Book Reviews

Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Hey y'all and welcome to another what's hap-pinning Wednesday with Jenn and little ole' me! Link up below to let us know what's currently happening in your life. Today I want to share some groundbreaking news.... just kidding, not groundbreaking but I DID break out of my book rut! I managed to read 3 books this summer and for me lately, that's impressive. For those that know me, I'm scary/sad/mystery book lover so these may not appeal to everyone. I just started a new one, which I'll share below, but send me your must-reads so I can add them to my (long) list!




1. The Sound of Gravel - I loved it but this one is not for the faint of heart. It is a memoir by Ruth Wariner about her life growing up in a polygamist family. I couldn't put it down mostly because you're dying to know if anything GOOD happens to this girl - like where's the silver lining? (there is a silver lining...but not until the last second) very emotional and empowering read!

2. The Passenger - My MIL gives me a book each Christmas that she feels is right up my alley and this one did not disappoint. It was a quick and suspenseful read that will keep you guessing until the end! (and the end was not what I expected whatsoever!)

3. Big Little Lies - I must admit that I was probably the last one to jump on this train but I promised myself I'd read the book before watching the mini-series and I am SO glad I did! Am I the only one that liked the book WAY better? Regardless, both adaptations are great but with the book I could NOT put it down! In fact, I liked her writing style so much that I just started another one by the same author: The Husband's Secret (which I learned that Blake Lively is producing and staring in the movie!)




 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment