WHW: Color Splash

Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Hey y'all and welcome to another Jenn & Jessi WHW link-up! Join us and link up below to share what's going on with you! Today I need opinions y'all - EXTERIOR opinions this go' round. So our exterior has that traditional Victorian vibe and we're not sure what we want to do with it. We would keep it the way it is but the siding needs to be replaced anyway and so does the roof. (especially for resale value) The bottom left is the home many years ago and bottom right is the home currently. The middle picture shows the color samples that hubs picked up at Lowe's the other day.


If we are in fact going to switch it up from the current pale yellow, I'm leaning towards blue for some reason...(for some reason? HA! I'm always drawn to blue! Blue is life!) The sample hubs brought home is called cape blue and with white and black accents it looks great to me. Here are some examples of blues:


Now, on the flip-side and if you saw our post on facebook, you'll know the three-color scheme is also an option. The three color schemes are from the historic/Victorian esq era and are still prevalent today. However, this style sort of uber stresses me out y'all! The hubs is intrigued for sure but I can't quite find an example that speaks to me. Here are some crazy examples of this exterior style to give you a better visual:


I like the different texture of the shake/shingle look with the siding but really I'm open to anything. We know this isn't our forever home but like all of our homes, we want to leave our mark. Our neighbors have a greenish look so I'm thinking greens are out but blues and grays and of course traditional whites are what I'm leaning towards. So here's where I need y'alls help - send me ALL of your opinions and examples! I can't wait to see more!

Gray options I like as well:



Thanks y'all and enjoy the rest of your week!

 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

No comments:

Post a Comment